August 31, 2019
KANSAS CITY – Carrying some momentum from a win on Thursday night, Central Baptist College men’s soccer took on Avila University this afternoon. CBC (3-1) got goals from Ryan Lee (FR/North Little Rock) in the first half and Nicholas Reed (JR/Morrilton) in the second half and held on to beat Avila (1-1) 2-1.
Lee’s goal gave him the team lead for the season and Reed, a defender, scored again to seal it. Andrew Montoya (SO/Rogers) was brilliant between the sticks yet again.
- Lee’s goal came in the fourth minute off an assist from Tyler Maynard (SR/White Hall) that finished a counter attack
- Reed’s goal came from Lee in the 68th minute and gave CBC a 2-0 lead at the time
- Montoya made six saves for his third victory of the season
- Jake Gaynor scored in the 88th minute to cut the lead in half
- Chris Guldenpfennig made three saves
The Mustangs are now off until Sept. 6, when they play Evangel in Springfield, Mo., with kickoff slated for 7 p.m.