August 31, 2019
FAYETTEVILLE –Carol Barbosa and Amna Osmankovic each posted seven kills, Barbosa was named to the All-Tournament Team and a match featuring 11 ties and five lead changes didn’t fall Little Rock’s way in the Arkansas Classic finale against Northwestern State, 3-0.
Set scores were 25-20, 25-17 and 25-17.
Northwestern State 3, Little Rock 0 | 25-20, 25-17, 25-17 | Box Score | PDF
Behind the Box Score
- The first set featured 10 ties and four lead changes. Little Rock had two aces in the set to NSU’s none.
- Nathalia Vigineski served up an ace to start the second set. It was the second ace of the match for her and the second of her collegiate career.
- Five different Trojans served up an ace over the weekend.
- Carol Barbosa and Amna Osmankovic each posted three kills in the second set.
- Anna Hurlburt was strong at the net in the third set with two block assists. That came in the middle of a 4-0 run that pulled the Trojans within one point.
- Northwestern State was led by Hannah Brister (16 kills) and Reagan Lee (.636 pct.)
Leaders by the Numbers
- Carol Barbosa, Amna Osmankovic: 7 kills
- Amna Osmankovic, Nathalia Vigineski: 2 service aces
- Nathalia Vigineski: 10 assists
- Diana Giordani: 13 digs
- Janae Thurston: 4 blocks
- Carol Barbosa was named to the Arkansas Classic All-Tournament Team after recording 20 kills, 11 digs and five blocks over the weekend’s action.
- Nathalia Vigineski recorded her first two career service aces in the match.
- Amna Osmankovic’s seven kills and two service aces marked weekend highs for the true freshman.
- Anna Hurlburt recorded two block assists in the match, both of which came in the third set.
- Little Rock still leads the all-time series over Northwestern State, 5-1.
Little Rock travels to Tulsa, Oklahoma, next weekend to compete against Air Force, Illinois State and host Oral Roberts in the ORU Classic.